Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a TX-472 bottom section

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a TX-472 bottom section
From: SPWoo <>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:07:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve, et al,

FYI.  I e-mailed UST today and I got a blessing from one of their engineer to
guy the bottom section with a guy tension of 400lbs.  He also said no special
hardware is needed.  I could either wrap the guy around the tower leg or attach
an eye bolt on the top of the leg.  I have never done any guying work so I will
seek help from two neighboring hams whom both have guyed towers.  They have the
space for guying and I don't.  The guy point is at 20' AGL and I will use a guy
angle of 45 degrees and a guy tension of 400lbs, unless someone tells me

Does anyone have a suggestion on a simple and inexpensive guy tensiometer?
Thanks and 73.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Woo
(970) 646-1711