[TowerTalk] Changing cables

Subject: [TowerTalk] Changing cables
From: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 21:39:04 -0500
Couple of things.

First, I still need some help for a few hours getting the quad set up here.
A bad knee form a misspent youth is keeping me from climbing. Tower is only
at 22 feet or so (crankup). Need help with lengthening some coax to the
elements and an issue with one wire.

Second, I have a crankup mast -  a small diameter one (about 4" square at
the bottom). Had it up at 50 feet and came home recently and it had the
crank cable break so it needs replacing. Not nearly the job a crankup tower
would be, but no experience here with recabling. Anyone do a smaller mast?
Was it hard to determine the cable length or was it a pull and measure
move? I now have things where I can lower the mast and want to get it done
so I can get the OCF dipole up.

Anyone in the Pipe Creek (near San Antonio) area who could maybe help?

Mike, k5wmg
Fast cars, slow boats, good dogs, and summers off to write

*

*