Re: [TowerTalk] Choice of aluminum

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <>, "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Choice of aluminum
From: Rudy Bakalov <>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 16:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

This is a great question that has been on my mind for a while. I was very
tempted to try to model it, but never found the time to do so. I also thought
that all I care about is the CW/RTTY portion of 80m.

That said, I decided to see what DX Engineering offers on their site for 80 m.
Two very interesting observations from the 80m vertical installation manual:

1) they use very small size tubing, not even close to what I am considering (my
current 40m vertical uses better tubing!!!)

2) they claim a very wide bandwidth

So if their 80m verticals are half as good as they claim, the much beefier size
tubing I am considering should do very well.

Rudy N2WQ