[TowerTalk] Experts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Experts
From: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:08:26 -0400
Roger said:
Actually the thing that bothers me more than anything
else is some one thinking I think of myself as an expert.

I think by our very presence here we are all amateurs.  I have been a Broadcast
Engineer for 30 years, and have my own set of experiences with installations
utilizing larger and heavier steel and equipment than perhaps most amateurs;
and I love reading your posts and viewing your projects, they are well thought
out and executed.  This is in contrast to some armchair engineers who postulate
wildly without any experience.  Thank you for sharing.

At work: we are experts.  At play: we are amateurs.

If we all knew everything already there would be no reason for this list.

Howie - WA4PSC

CE - WXYC-FM 89.3
UNC Chapel Hill, NC
www.wxyc.org