[TowerTalk] Common-mode choke for remote tuner

Subject: [TowerTalk] Common-mode choke for remote tuner
From: Phil Zminda <>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 05:49:43 -0400
I will be installing a SGC-237 remote tuner at the base of my 43 ft. vertical. I would like to add a common-mode choke at the base as part of the install. I built but haven't used, a bifilar choke with a 2.4 in. type 31 core, but since the tuner has an 8 ft coax pigtail for the input could do as well with a large type 31 clamp on with multiple turns of the RG-58 coax through it? This would reduce the number of PL-259 connections and would just be a simpler installation. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

Phil N3ZP