[TowerTalk] Guy Rope Knot

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Rope Knot
From: "Kelley Shaddrick" <>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 20:04:44 -0500
I'm putting up a 40' aluminum mast as an end point for an all band dipole antenna. What's the best way to attach the guy ropes to the anchors? At the moment, it's been suggested I use a tautline hitch. I've used this knot before to hold up dipoles, not sure about its reliability as a guy rope knot. However, I like that it allows the rope to move either way so I can adjust it. Are there some other knots to consider? How about some kind of mechanical device?

Kelley - W0RK