Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Matching Stubs W/Smith Chart

To: "Bob K6UJ" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Matching Stubs W/Smith Chart
From: "Paul Christensen" <>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 07:57:33 -0400
Can anyone recommend any tutorials for learning how to read a smith chart and also using the Sim Smith application ?
I want to be able to design coax matching stubs and am a total newbie.
The smith chart is intimidating to me but I thought I would see if I could master it.

Here's a QST article of a very good basic introduction to the Smith Chart that should remove the intimidation very quickly. ARRL membership may be required for access:

Another is the excellent three-part QST series by Ward Silver, N0AX. Part I starts here:

Jim, K9YC has drafted a very informative PowerPoint presentation on Sim Smith:

Paul, W9AC