Re: [TowerTalk] 43 feet pole for vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 43 feet pole for vertical
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 13:57:45 -0400
On 11/1/2012 7:03 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
There *is* no such thing as simple trig, if your last brush with a
cosine was 56 years ago!

I have to confess it's not been quite that long, but I'm only 72. <:-))
Actually I never took trig, which is quite a trick because I have a math minor. Try Calc II without ever having had trig. That was truly a self taught crash course in trig. <LOL> And yes, I have to get out the book and look up the functions "just to be sure"...Now Derivatives and Integrals are something else. It'd take a few weeks review there. They told me I needed Calc. The last time I used it professionally ... was in school. Never did need it for work.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Fortunately, you can back this one out with
the old hypotenuse formula.  Even I remember how to do that.

73, Pete N4ZR
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000