Re: [TowerTalk] 43 feet pole for vertical

To: "Hans Hammarquist" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 43 feet pole for vertical
From: "Mark Robinson" <>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:16:31 -0400
I read an article somewhere where the ham had some experimenting with the radiation angle of an elevated 1/4 wave vertical. As you raise the vertical you get lower radiation angles up to a point. Beyond that and then you start getting high radiation angles. If you are interested I can dig it out. A figure of 40 feet for a 40m 1/4 vertical comes to mind. After that any low angle advantage was lost.

I have a 30m vertical at 25 feet and am not convinced about it's performance yet.

73 Mark N1UK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hans Hammarquist" <>