Re: [TowerTalk] NEW Tail Twister Rotator

To: "'K8RI'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] NEW Tail Twister Rotator
From: "Doug Renwick" <>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 14:08:24 -0600
The first thing you do with a HDR-300 is remove the stops.  If it rotates
past the stops, things break.  By pass or remove the stops.
The HDR-300 does not have a wedge break like the Ham or Tailtwister.
The shaft keyways in the HDR-300 are poorly designed resulting in worn
keyways with lot of play.  Unless you braze the shaft to the large gear or
redesign the shaft keyways, it will end with a lot of play which will get
worse and worse as the keyway wears.
One does not need to raise the mast to remove a HDR-300, and generally with
a Ham/Tailtwister.  Just leave say half inch gap between the mast end and
the rotor end.
BTW HDR-300 with ac motor do not work as well as other dc motors when used
with a Green Heron controller.
An Alfa Spid is a good rotor.

I'll run the race and I will never be the same again