Re: [TowerTalk] Tower, rotator and antenna maintenance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower, rotator and antenna maintenance
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 00:11:15 -0500
On 11/8/2012 11:43 PM, David Jordan wrote:
UR correct Dave... the body actually starts to break down after age
21-25... some don't notice it right away...takes decades for some.  Some
never notice... they just climb well up into their 80s and just fall to
their death when they stroke out or have a heart attack ;-)

I was in the best health of my life when in my 50's
I quit work at 47 and earned a 4 year degree (BS in CS) in 3 with Math and Art minors.. Graduated at age 50. Did well enough to earn a Graduate assistantship for my masters, but a good job offer came along before I finished that. I found learning to be easier at 47-50 than I did at 13 to 17. Of course I didn't have hormones fighting for attention 25 hours a day either. <:-))

The mind AND body are far more dependent on how they are used and fed (IE Treated) than any particular age. The mind may reach a peak earlier than the body while different people peak at different ages. In my 40's I could still out run my son for the quarter although I didn't have the stamina to do it in the mile which is what he ran. I never did have the stamina for the mile. At 50 I was still doing full squats with 205# of free weights. I could still do well over 300# on the leg press at 68.

BTW I'll never forget the look on my son's face when I passed him and no he didn't let me win.

For most, the body is not that of a peak athlete after 30, but there are some top athletes out there approaching 40 and quite a few well past the age where we'd expect to see them headed down hill. Much depends on how we take care of ourselves and it takes a lot of work to keep the body in shape.

73

Roger (K8RI)

73,
Dave