[TowerTalk] How to connect a PL-259 to 1/2 " hardline

Subject: [TowerTalk] How to connect a PL-259 to 1/2 " hardline
From: Hans Hammarquist <>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 21:39:35 -0500 (EST)

Just added some more, and hopefully, explaining pictures.

I connected them to a ~400 feet hardline. Tested the SWR. It was 1.5/1 with a
75 ohm termination up to about 65 MHz. There it increased to 1.6/1. I don't
know if I measured it right but it appeared as I had  1.2 dB attenuation over
the 400 feet at 65 MHz. (Is that reasonable?)

I don't think my contraption will add anything to the SWR. I tested a very
short piece and found the same behavior. As the center conductor is passing
through the connection in a similar manner as it is in the cable itself I don't
expect any surprises. The PL-259 connector is what it is so I can't do anything

Hans - N2JFS