[TowerTalk] Coax grounding at tower base and inside at shack

To: "" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax grounding at tower base and inside at shack
From: "Andrew J. Buckler (BBMSC)" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:50:06 +0000
Is it better to use a grounding kit that strips the outside insulation and
clamps to the braid, e.g.,, or a
Polyphaser, e.g.,

In either case, there would be two places to use whatever is decided, one
connected to a ground plate at tower base, and then another connected to a
plate inside at the shack.

I am designing for a 10m/6m duobander, cross-polarized stacked 2m yagis for
EME, and a 70cm yagi. I haven't fully worked out how many lines this comes to,
but call it 5. So x2 for the two points at which I am doing this for a total of
10. The price for the clamps would then be about $200, or for the Polyphasers,
about $700. I'm less worried about cost than performance but of course want to
do the right thing.

Thank you,
Andy, K2OP
Andrew J. Buckler, Principal
225 Main Street, Suite 15 | Wenham, MA  01984  USA
Office: +1-978-468-0508
Fax: +1-978-468-0527<> |<>

This e-mail is from Buckler Biomedical Sciences LLC, a scientific research
firm, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy or distribute the e-mail or
any attachments. Instead, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and
any attachments. Thank you.