[TowerTalk] Fwd: hardline bending radius

Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: hardline bending radius
From: Hans Hammarquist <>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:07:23 -0500 (EST)
I understand that the bending radius is a lot less if the cable is braided or

Well, the cable I have is neither. The shield is an aluminum "tube" with no
corrugation or anything else to aid the bending. The center conductor is a
solid copper plated aluminum wire. (No, I am not worried about the center

Someone warned that a too small bending radius will nick the shield. I am
planning to use some type of fixture for the bending in order to avoid any

I do want to now what diameter to use for the fixture. I would like to get/make
one with a too small diameter and later have to get something different.

So, what would I expect for a 1/2 inch solid conductor, solid/stiff shield with
noting to aid bending.

Hans - N2JFS