[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: hardline bending radius

Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: hardline bending radius
From: Hans Hammarquist <>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:02:23 -0500 (EST)
Hi Jim,

No, I don't have a part number. I purchased a roll (of 442 feet) at an antique
auction for $1. Nobody know what it was. As it couldn't be used as a water pipe
most people found it useless. :-) The jacket is solid black without any
marking. I measured the loss of 1.2dB @ 65Mhz for the 442 feet length I have.
(I am not sure about this measurement as the cable Z=75 ohms but the analyzer
is for Z=50 ohms.)

The outside diameter of the aluminum shield is (pretty much) exactly 1/2 inch.
The dielectric is foam. The center conductor fits very nicely inside the center
pine of a PL-259. I seen the same cable used by cable TV companies as trunk

I will build a bending fixture myself. That's the reason I want to know the
minimum bending radius. I don't want to build something just to find out it was
wrong and have to build something else later.

73 de,

Hans - N2JFS