Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: hardline bending radius

To: towertalk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: hardline bending radius
From: Steve Maki <>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 07:35:14 -0500
You probably have Commscope P3 500 or something very similar. Here are the specs for P3 500:

Minimum bending radius is given as 6".

-Steve K8LX

On 11/20/2012 11:02 PM, Hans Hammarquist wrote:

Hi Jim,

No, I don't have a part number. I purchased a roll (of 442 feet) at
an antique auction for $1. Nobody know what it was. As it couldn't be
used as a water pipe most people found it useless. :-) The jacket is
solid black without any marking. I measured the loss of 1.2dB @ 65Mhz
for the 442 feet length I have. (I am not sure about this measurement
as the cable Z=75 ohms but the analyzer is for Z=50 ohms.)

The outside diameter of the aluminum shield is (pretty much) exactly
1/2 inch. The dielectric is foam. The center conductor fits very
nicely inside the center pine of a PL-259. I seen the same cable used
by cable TV companies as trunk cable.

I will build a bending fixture myself. That's the reason I want to
know the minimum bending radius. I don't want to build something just
to find out it was wrong and have to build something else later.