Re: [TowerTalk] Model This NVIS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Model This NVIS
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 04:48:31 -0800
On 11/20/12 9:13 PM, N6FD wrote:
Try 4nec2 it is free, reasonably easy to use and reasonably accurate.
I'm not sure exactly how you are set up there,  but you should be able
to model your antenna system.

the NEC2 engine doesn't do "buried wires"

You need to get something like NEC4

What I would do, though, is start with NEC2, and model it in free space and see what you get.

The wrench in the works is that NEC and similar will tell you the pattern and how much beams up into the ionosphere, but won't model the NVIS reflection back down.

73, Erich
N6FD