Re: [TowerTalk] element tapering calculation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] element tapering calculation
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:26:00 -0600
Last year I found that W6QHS (now W6NL) Lotus spreadsheet and converted it to Excel 2003 XLS format. His spreadsheet is used to determine the survivability of a tapered element. It is not an RF design tool. Anyone can download a copy of ELEMENTS.XLS from here:

*http://tinyurl.com/d7m3pxn*

I added a number of worksheets to create this new workbook. The first sheet contains the formulas / calculations. The second is a mechanical layout of the 40m Telrex I was experimenting with. I added two more pairs of worksheets to I could quickly jump among different design parameters. The final worksheet contains some information I found regarding Frank's antennas at W3LPL and I saved it for reference.

Also, for those who don't have a "charting VSWR meter", there is also a workbook that lets you input VSWR values and it will create a chart that you can print out. That file is "VSWR charting tool - Rev 3".

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN