Re: [TowerTalk] Noisy US Tower HDX572mdpl

To: Pete Raymond <n4kwpete@centurylink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Noisy US Tower HDX572mdpl
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 07:01:34 -0800

On 12/3/2012 6:01 AM, Pete Raymond wrote:
In the last few months as the tower reaches 65 feet or so it starts to
make a banging noise and seems to be jerking on it way up from 65 to 72

You could have a cable rubbing a groove through a brace.
It catches on the groove when near the top.  I had this problem
and had to bend the brace back.

The other thing is that if your antenna isn't perfectly balanced,
the tower leans more as the overlap decreases.  I have this problem
with my MonstIR on my HDX5106.  Works fine w/o the antenna but
with the antenna installed, it starts vibrating the last few feet. I just don't crank it up the last few feet. There is no fix for it AFAIK except getting a more balanced antenna.

Rick N6RK