[TowerTalk] Want to trade towers?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Want to trade towers?
From: "Jack C. Shutt" <w9gt@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:31:37 +0000 (UTC)

I know this may be a longshot , but I'll put it out there for your
consideration.

I have a rather large guyed tower....80 ft of TCC (Tower Communications Corp.)
type 24/25 (38" face) that was a portion of a 225 ft overall microwave tower.
This tower is comprised of two 20 ft sections of type 24 and two sections of
type 25 and is guyed at 44 ft and at the top with 5/16" E.S.S. guy cable.  It
is extremely rugged and it will hold just about anything you want to put on
it.  You can climb up the inside of it to work on it.  It has withstood winds
in excess of 100 mph that damaged the antennas, but didn't phase the tower
itself at all.  I considered putting a couple of rotating sections of Rohn 45
or 55 out of the top to get up to 100 ft, but never did it.

At one time, I had a 20 meter 6 element monobander with interlaced 10 meter
elements on a 60 ft boom and a wide spaced 15 m  4 element monobander above
that on it ....all turned by a 4" mast and a prop-pitch rotator .  Now, I just
have a KT-34A and 6 and 2 meter antennas.  You can see a few pictures on my QRZ
page.

This tower would be ideal for someone building a big contest station, or for
someone who wants to experiment with some big antennas.

I am looking for a trade.

I have reached a point where I am no longer able to climb and I can't maintain
the tower and antennas myself.  I would like to obtain a smaller crank-up /
tiltover tower that I could lower and be able to work on my antennas.  I would
like to have something that would, at least get my tribander up at 60 ft. or
more.

What I am proposing is a trade.  If you have a smaller crank-up tiltover tower
that you might be interested in trading for my tower...we could talk.  If you
might be interested...let me know and we could hash out the details.

73,  Jack, W9GT