Re: [TowerTalk] Contents of TowerTalk Digest, Vol 120, Issue 22 - TB3 ho

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Contents of TowerTalk Digest, Vol 120, Issue 22 - TB3 hole pattern
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 01:33:17 -0500
On 12/20/2012 12:26 PM, Marvin Shelton wrote:

On Dec 20, 2012, at 9:00 AM, towertalk-request@contesting.com wrote:

Jerry,
I'm no expert but since it's critical that the thrust bearing and rotor be
'plumb' to each other I would think you'd want to match drill the actual thrust
bearing to the tower instead of using a hole pattern. Unless you created that
hole pattern from the actual thrust bearing itself that you plan on using.
At least that's what I'd do.

You can create the holes a bit oversize and let the bearing, "self center". It's often no where as simple as it sounds, but the bearing can be used as a rough pattern. it is 4 holes, equally spaced uv abokt circle, If the accessory plate can be removed, or you can create a split ring of the proper size to mark, or create the bolt circle it should work.

73

Roger  (K8RI)

73, Marv WA2BFW/7

   1. Rohn TB3 Hole Pattern (Jerry Gardner)