Re: [TowerTalk] 80M Ideas

To: "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M Ideas
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 16:09:31 +0000
Pull up an inverted L and try it, there is no other way to find out how it
will work for sure.  Even if you have poor connections between sections, and
the beams are isolated from the tower, there are still coax and control
lines that go up the tower, those would act as a vertical conductor even if
the tower itself doesn't.  and trying to model or even guess how those wires
will interact with anything else is pretty well hopeless.   In a complex
environment like that there is no better way than 'Plug it in and try it!'.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net