Re: [TowerTalk] yagi f/b and rx s/n

To: Barry N1EU <n1eu.barry@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] yagi f/b and rx s/n
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 09:22:02 -0600
Barry,

In my opinion there is little possibility that you can improve on the beverages
you already have using a 2 element Yagi for 20, 15 and 10.  You will be very
lucky to achieve more than 15 dB of front to rear with a 2 element Yagi on one
of those bands and with a fixed boom length and may not get close to that on
the other two bands regardless of how much gain you give up.  And there is not
a lot to give up since you can't get much more than something like 4 dB over a
dipole with a 2 element Yagi.

Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad