Re: [TowerTalk] HamIV Rotor sluggish

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HamIV Rotor sluggish
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:03:40 -0500
On 1/12/2013 7:20 PM, Doug Snowden wrote:
The rotor is on a tower and the run is about 275 ft from the shack.
What is the best way to get more response from it? At times I have to
rock the antenaa back and forth to get it to even move. I am sure it
must be voltage loss.  Boost the voltage from the controller?

You neglected to say if it ran OK before . IOW is this something new or has it always been this way since it was installed? Without knowing we don't know if it's an installation problem such as wire size, or if it's a component problem such as the capacitor. Is it a new rotator, rebuilt, or an old one. If so, how old?

73

Roger (K8RI)

Doug, N4IJ