Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld failing to ignite

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld failing to ignite
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:53:22 -0500
On 1/21/2013 4:23 PM, SPWoo wrote:
Hi All,

I'm having a problem where one of the cadweld one-shot doesn't have any of the
igniting powder in it.  From what I've gathered the main powder material needs
a very high temperature to ignite.  So far I've tried a torch (MAPP gas) but
still the main powder fails to ignite despite the powder was glowing red.
Someone has suggested using a magnesium fire starter.  I didn't have any
problems lighting the other cadwelds with a flint but what does one do if
there's no igniting powder?  Your help is greatly appreciated.  73.

Just a propane torch should ignite them. I've ignited them with match heads from the old kitchen matches, which isn't very safe and I do not recommend.

If it was glowing, it should have ignited.

We're missing something.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Best Regards,