[TowerTalk] bonding to AC power box or inside fuse panel?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] bonding to AC power box or inside fuse panel?
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:51:07 -0600
Question on the optimal routing of strap to realize a single point ground.

My shack antenna entrance panel and the mains AC power meter box are along one
wall – separated by about 20’.  There is a ground system under the antenna
entrance panel – with the usual set of polyphasers for the coax and MOV for the
control lines.

The breaker boxes are on the inside of the same wall, a couple of feet below
the power meter mains inlet.

The shack is centered along the same inside wall; about 5’ from the breaker box
on the left, and about 15’ or so to the antenna entrance panel.  On the shack
table is a bus-bar where the gear is individually connected to in a
star-configuration; one braid-type jumper from the bus bar to each shack rig or
accessory.

What’s the best way to effect a single point ground in this combination?

I think that a single strap run from the bus-bar to the antenna entrance box.
And another run from the bus-bar to the breaker box.  Both of those runs would
be inside the house and along the shack wall.  However, I also see that it’s
desirable to bond the meter to the antenna entrance panel outside of the house.
 Or should I do both?  Or something else?

Thanks.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie