Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feeding a LARGE tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feeding a LARGE tower?
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 17:51:00 +0000
Hmmm, that would be interesting... the circumference would be approaching
1/4 wave at the base, could cause some really odd effects.  Size of openings
in braces could come into play also.  Probably one of those things to just
plug it in and try.

If it were a small tower putting a shunt feed in the middle would look like
putting it in a lossy cage... effect may be less on such a large tower with
large holes in the sides, but I would think it still would be worse than
putting it on the outside.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net