Re: [TowerTalk] Trylon self supporting tower 80 ft fall report

To: "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trylon self supporting tower 80 ft fall report
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:57:52 -0600
I would do one of the following:

1.  Move over 10' or so and dig a new hole.  If you have the room you could
end up with two bases and two towers.
2. Dig out all around the existing base and remove it.  Finish resizing the
now larger hole and pour the new base in the now properly sized hole.

I think that fooling around with the existing base is probably possible but
it would require quite a bit of work to do it right.  The end result would
probably not be cost-effective.  By the time you dig out enough around the
existing base to do any retrofitting right you will already have most of the
digging done (except for total depth) to just pour a new base.

1138 Waters Edge Circle, Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (Office) - 318-393-3289 (Cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics
-------------- EnCase Certified Examiner ---------------