Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation

To: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>, "k6ye@q.com" <k6ye@q.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation
From: David Blake <dhblake@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:06:45 -0800 (PST)
There are some who will disagree but my vote goes strongly for the Mosley.  I
had a
Mosley PRO67B up in severe storm and ice prone central Ohio for 15 years.
During
that time I managed DXCC Honor Roll #1, Honor Roll SSB and CW.   WAZ on all 6
bands it was designed to work and over 300 countries on all six bands as well.
I move
in 2010 and the PRO67B was taken apart and examined, all hardware looked like
new,
no corrosion as some have claimed and all coils were in perfect shape.

There are no pop rivets to loosen and end up with problems eventually.  No
moving
parts or servos to worry about, just stainless steel hardware and reinforced
boom and
element design.

My only complaint with Mosley is that their products are available only from
them
directly and at one time at least it took a couple of month after ordering
before they
are shipped.  They will tell you this up front.

73
Dave -N4DB-