Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation

To: "'SPWoo'" <jj_2_woo@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Recommendation
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 07:46:33 -0600
   If you are not chasing minor differences in dB's or the various ways
these antennas are designed and assembled, then that leaves the soft factors
such as cost and reliabilty.  Like comparing car manufacturers there are
several good solutions to choose from.  At the end on the day none of them
will survive the event that will bring them down.  With a clean sheet of
paper the choices are difficult.  My decision was driven by "the deal" that
I found on QTH.  I found a NOS Mosley Pro-67C3 for a hams price.  This is my
third Mosley yagi (upgrade from a shorty 40 and Pro57B into one antenna).  I
live on a ridge with wind all the time.  I have seen 1" radial ice on it and
wind gusts that snapped the booms on the old Cush Craft yagis, but not the
Mosleys'.  The 67C3 has been up 10 years now.  No failures.  Most
importantly, I can work what I can hear on any of the bands.  But I suspect
that will happen with any of your choices.  YMMV.

73  Mike K9MK/5