[TowerTalk] Rusted bolts coming out of concrete base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rusted bolts coming out of concrete base
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 20:21:17 +0000 (GMT)
Hi.

During hurricane Sandy, I lost some trees.  The biggest one fell directly into
my TX472, which
had been lowered about 1/2 way.  The tower bent at the base.

See the last 4 slides
https://picasaweb.google.com/dougzzz/HurricaneSandyOct292012

Anyhow, the tree was removed and I planned on a direct replacement (another
TX472).

Today, I went outside to confirm that the T-bar is the same dimensions as a new
one
(my TX472 is about 20 years old..who knows what could have changed).

The front two bolts that come out of the concrete base (where it hinges over)
are fine.
They look almost new.  But when I looked at the "back bolt" I was horribly
shocked to
see it completely rusted.  I mean REALLY rusted, as in zero threads left.
Looks like it
has been exposed to the salt air (it has not...I'm 30 miles inland).

What the heck do I do with this?  HELP!!

Thanks,
de Doug KR2Q