[TowerTalk] Rohn-25 Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn-25 Question
From: "Wilson Lamb" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 10:06:54 -0500
We use a hinged base at Field Day, pinned down with two 4’ pieces of rebar.
It’s a piece of cake to walk up, but I think two people did it.  Get some
friends over!
Of course we guyed it, as should you, even if you just use some Dacron line or
such.
There’s a lot of slop in the hinge system and it will be wobbly.

We also raise 40’ on a hinged base, but we use a winch on that one.

Both are completely rigged when supported on a crutch...with three element
beams and rotors.
No one climbs either, but I’m sure it would be a non-event.  They are perfectly
solid with one set of rope guys.

Wilson
W4BOH