[TowerTalk] 40 Meter Vertical Project

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Vertical Project
From: K0YR - Thomas Rieff <k0yr@tomrieff.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 07:02:45 -0600 (CST)
T/T,
Working on a 40 Meter 2 element vertical beam for an upcoming trip. Built it
last weekend and have it suspended between 2 trees pointed to EU.
Seems to be working OK when A/B compared against the 40 Meter beam also pointed
to EU.
At our trip destination there is a 43 vertical. My thoughts are to put a top
hat on this and tune it for 80 meters.
How would it work to back the proposed 40 Meter 2 element vertical beam against
the 80 meter 43 foot vertical and use the 80/43 as the reflector.
The end result could be a 3 element (maybe only 2, based on room) 40 meter
vertical beam with the 80/43 as the reflector.
Your thoughts, comments and design considerations would be appreciated.
Tom

K0YR
Thomas Rieff
2059 Sundance Lane