Re: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm - v - 50 ohm coax

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm - v - 50 ohm coax
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:38:11 -0800
On 2/19/2013 1:07 PM, Steve Hunt wrote:
I gave him a factual answer:

A rather pessimistic one and a rather limited one, considering the great usefulness of 75 ohm coax if you know how to use transmission lines and take the time to do the design work. I gave him a far more detailed answer, which he will be able to use to do that. And, as it turns out, he's sharp enough to be able to make use of the resources that I pointed him to, namely SimSmith. He's already been to AE6TY's website to download the software, and sent me an email thanking me.

73, Jim K9YC