Re: [TowerTalk] Coax

To: n9lah@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:08:09 -0800 (PST)
When I was gearing up to install my tower with several HF antennas hanging on
it, I realized I would need several 100' runs of feedline, and started looking
at 500 ft spools.

I compared LMR400UF, Davis BuryFlex400, JefaTech LL400FLEX, and DX Engineering
DXE400MAX. The specifications appeared VERY similar.  The price was not.
LMR400UF was the most expensive.  The DXE400MAX was the least expensive.  DXE
includes ground shipping in the price for any length of any of their 50 ohm
cables. All other suppliers charge extra for shipping, up to $50 for a spool. I
went with the DXE cable. There could be several reasons they sell it for less
than anyone else.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC