Re: [TowerTalk] water in EMT conduit

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] water in EMT conduit
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 07:57:42 -0500
Belden 9913 is the most problematic coax that I have ever used. I think
that I do a pretty decent job of waterproofing connectors, but water
ingress was  difficult to stop with the air dielectric. I have had no
problems with Belen 8267. I imagine that water also finds its way into my
underground conduits but I am not overly concerned. The wires inside are
for 24v rotators and 12v relays. I glued each of the 4" PVC pieces
together with no drains and have vented Hoffman boxes on the ends. My
feedlines are all direct buried next to the conduit.

John KK9A