Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless grounding

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless grounding
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 23:54:38 -0700

Nonsense. I specifically asked the owner of AN Wireless about drilling small 5/16" diameter holes in the tower legs for such purposes and he said it would absolutely be no problem. It would take several decades for such a small hole to rust into a problem even in the harshest climates. Just in case, though, I thoroughly sprayed galvanizing paint over the entire joint ... clamp, screws, nuts, wire ... everything.

By the way, I'm pretty certain that Trylon punches holes for their bolts AFTER galvanizing and I've never heard of one falling down because of it.

Dave   AB7E