[TowerTalk] Fwd: 2.4 GHz interference concerns

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: 2.4 GHz interference concerns
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 17:33:33 -0500 (EST)
Chuck,

I am using a "4G Hotspot" for my internet connection. I live in Halifax,
Vermont just on the boarder of Massachusetts. No cable, no DSL only some old
telephone cables, probably from G. Bell's time.

I did a little research and found that I was on the borderline for the ATT
service. If I elevate my hotspot to the top of my tower (85 feet) I get a good
signal most of the time. The hotspot has a built-in wifi connection so I don't
have to worry about any cabling just recharging the hotspot on a regular basis.
(I plan to arrange for a more permanent installation with a charger at the top
of the tower as well.)

My recommendation for you: Go to the various cellphone providers web site and
check their coverage. If you are in luck you may be able to do the same as I
do. This costs me $50/month.

73 de,

Hans - N2JFS