Re: [TowerTalk] Elk River Harness

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Elk River Harness
From: Tim Jellison <w3yq@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:41:12 -0400
I can't speak to the Elk River LX harness, but I use a DBI-SALA Exofit and I
love it.  I climb commercially and I spent the extra money for an Exofit a
couple of years ago.  They're not cheap but they're worth the extra money (from
a comfort perspective) if you're going to spend a lot of time on towers.  The
seat with the metal plate-insert makes a world of difference by keeping the
stress off your back.  To utilize the seat, you must also invest in a y-lanyard
with a hook.  Having a seat on a harness is like going from paper to
computerized logging in contesting; once you go there you wonder how you ever
survived without it.
73,Tim KL7WV W3YQ