Re: [TowerTalk] Subject: XM-240 Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Subject: XM-240 Question
From: "D. Drake" <daleaa1qd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:19:52 -0400
I just put up a new XM-240 this past Oct and I
made a new mast to boom plate and drilled it for 4
2? U bolts.  I used the U bolts with the cast
aluminum saddles from DX Eng.  The existing plate
had 2  2 ½  U bolts and the hole are not
elongated.  The saddles were more like the muffler
clamp style that don?t grip that well.  I didn?t
want the boom twisting on the mast and so far so
good.

BTW take a look at my earlier post ( around early
Dec) about the failure I had with the U channels.
You may want to beef them up too.

GL OM

Dale  AA1QD

<towertalk@contesting.com>

>>Subject: [TowerTalk] XM-240 Question

>>Do the boom to mast mounting blocks (aluminum V
block item 35 in the manual) have elongated holes
to accommodate smaller U bolts.  My mast is 2 inch
and would like to use smaller U bolts for more
grip.

http://www.usslibertyveterans.org/

http://www.gtr5.com/