[TowerTalk] Need Help with 130MPH Spec & Crank-Up Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Help with 130MPH Spec & Crank-Up Tower
From: Wayne Willenberg <wewill747@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 12:45:35 -0400
I live in a coastal area in the south-east.  I would like to put up a
crank-up tower on my 5 acre lot.  However, the county planning department
requires the tower be designed to meet TIA/EIA-222 for a 3-second wind gust
of 130MPH.

I recall seeing a discussion on this Reflector by others who had faced this
situation.  One person recommended a Tashjian tower because that company
would work with him in the design and getting the design approved by a
planning department.

I have searched for that post, but I have not been able to find it.  If you
are the person who made this recommendation, would you please let me know?

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone else who has successfully
dealt with getting a crank-up tower approved by a planning department with
a 130MPH spec.

Thanks, Wayne KK6BT