Re: [TowerTalk] misaligned vertical towers

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] misaligned vertical towers
From: Brian Alsop <alsopb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:09:24 +0000
Once the discussed towers are measured, it would be interesting to know
what the conclusions are.

The eye is easily fooled with regards to verticality. Even the Romans knew this. The columns to their buildings were tapered to be more narrow at the top to appear vertical and parallel. Otherwise the eye would tell one they are tilting in towards one another.

73 de Brian/K3KO