Re: [TowerTalk] LMR degradation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR degradation
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:03:50 -0700 (PDT)
I find this interesting, especially Bill K4XS' comments.  My comments...

LMR400UF has a thermoplastic elastomer jacket that is good for
"in excess of 10 years" outdoors. Most of the other LMR400s use a
PE or PVC jacket that're supposedly good for 20 years outdoors.
Apparently, Times' marketing department is... ahem... stretching
the truth a bit!

I've used the DX Engineering DXE-400MAX and Davis RF BuryFlex400 stuff.
It has a Type III PE jacket and has been fine for nearly 10 years
(so far). In another 10 years, I'll let you know if it lasts 20 years. ;-)

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC