Re: [TowerTalk] Low RFI Generator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Low RFI Generator
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 06:28:27 -0500 (CDT)
i have an 18kw Kohler unit with auto start and transfer connected up to a 500
gal propane tank which also fuels heat, hot water, and cook top.  It does have
some rif problems on 160m from it's battery charger and voltage regulator, but
nothing that i am really worried about.  I just turn the battery charger off
when someone is on 160m, if it is running when someone wants to get on 160m
they'll just have to work around the regulator noise.   it will run the whole
house plus 3 or 4 1500w amps.  startup and transfer time is only a couple
seconds.

installation pics at:
http://wiki.k1ttt.net/2010-Maintenance-and-Upgrade-Blog.ashx#Install_Generator