[TowerTalk] M2 RC2800PX modification to control a Prop

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 RC2800PX modification to control a Prop
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 06:45:37 -0700
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 13:56:40 -0500
From: "Andre VanWyk" <kr5dx@yahoo.com>
To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Pitch Rotor?

Steve,

Thanks for your response. I am not planning on buying them but sitting with 3
controllers, so I thought I could at the least recover some use out of them.

I agree, the Green Heron controllers are nice, but fairly expensive for just a
controller in my opinion. They are, however, plan B if all fails.

73
NJ0F

##  want some advice ?   sell the 3 m2 control boxes, they are a pita.
##  I have the GH control box for my k7nv prop pitch.   It looks like a
regular GH control box, but inside its not the same.  The normal, standard
Gh box provides for several ac + dc voltages.  The Gh box for the PP
rotors has only one dc voltage..and a big xfmr.   it’s designed for the PP
only.

##  You can also get a modified version of the GH....where the GH box resides
in the shack, and the   power supply sits in a nema box at base of tower, to
eliminate
V drops on long runs.

##  I also own two  M2  OR-2800 rotors + mating M2  control boxes.... never
again.

##  The GH box made for the prop pitch is the best controller bar none. Simple,
bomb
proof, easy set up, point and shoot etc.   The M2 control box is a convoluted
mess
in comparison.

##  yes, its expensive... but at least it’s the real deal.   The m2 box is a
sick puppy.

later... Jim  VE7RF