Re: [TowerTalk] Please Help Me Decide on a Tribander or Monobanders

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Please Help Me Decide on a Tribander or Monobanders
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:33:28 -0700

I'm not sure why you say that. If the three antennas are fully independent (i.e., separate elements) and if they were properly designed to minimize interactions (definitely possible with today's modeling capability), where is the significant compromise (assuming the same boom length)? It is far easier to control interactions between bands if all elements are fixed on the same boom than if they are mounted some indeterminate distance from each other on the mast.

I own (and love) my Optibeam OB16-3 tribander, and with the exception of 10m Optibeam doesn't even bother to offer monobanders for that same frequency range unless they have more elements on a longer boom.

73,
Dave   AB7E