Re: [TowerTalk] Please Help Me Decide on a Tribander or Monobanders

To: towertalk@contesting.com, wewill747@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Please Help Me Decide on a Tribander or Monobanders
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:19:31 -0400 (EDT)
>  On the other hand, there has to be a compromise when 3  antennas are
mounted
on a single boom.

    First, all antenna designs are compromises.

    Next, the windspeed rating for Beaufort County is  100 MPH!!! The only
way you'll meet that rating is if you never crank  it up.

    There are a myriad of things to take into  consideration; e.g. gain,
size, reliability, wind survivability, etc. besides  the budget, etc.

    You've had many responses to your question so you  can see that there
are lots of choices. I would suggest that as part of your due  diligence that
you get a copy of our Tribander Comparison Report where N0AX and  I
compared over a dozen popular tribanders in on the air performance tests. Then
you'll be able to see how they stack up (pun intended) to monobanders (of which
 the SteppIR basically is as well). _www.championradio.com_
(http://www.championradio.com)  has the antenna  comparsion report.

Cheers & GL,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
and
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs
Cell: 206-890-4188