Re: [TowerTalk] RF in my laptop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF in my laptop
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 10:32:04 -0400

You need a common mode choke on the feedline - probably along
with grounding the shield of the feedline where it enters the
shack.  See K9YC's extensive information on common mode chokes.

As it is, your feedline is acting like an additional radial
on 80 and perhaps 40 putting the rig at a high voltage point
for RF.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV