Re: [TowerTalk] D3W - Pros and Cons?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] D3W - Pros and Cons?
From: Brian Alsop <alsopb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:27:32 +0000
Have had some trouble with intermittent traps and water in the traps.
Look at E-HAM reviews, others have too.

The water in the traps appears to come from the "downhill" trap covers not keeping water out around the element tubing. Disassembled one trap and significant water poured out. The symptom was high SWR on several bands.

Put Petroleum Jelly around those interfaces and hope for no more water intrusion.

Note: Once you disassemble a trap, you'll never get the internal plastic spaces back to "factory". Changes in their position affects resonance. So expect to do some retuning.

73 de Brian/K3KO