[TowerTalk] AR 22

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AR 22
From: r miles <greenacres113@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:16:44 -0400 (EDT)

My Dad had one in a tower many yr.s. Mounted down abt 6'. He turned a 6m & 2m longjohn for many moons. Heavy winds would make it drift. If it were me I'd be afraid to use it on a HF yagi. Of couse it'd hold better with a thrust bearing. The cost of one of them dudes could go toward a heavier rotor. One of my towers has an old TR44 rotor which has held a 12m two el yagi OK for yr,s. The TR 44 is a heavier version of the AR22. No brake wedge. But it's your call....

K9IL